2021 North CROSS Surfboard
NORTH CROSS SURFBOARD - FREERIDE SURF
Leave All Your Identities Behind...
A smooth carving, super comfortable all-round freerider that blends the line effortlessly between surf and strapless freestyle. The 2021 Cross has been redesigned to feel more lively and responsive, with effortless acceleration, more drive off the rail and a faster, more reactive bottom shape. Created to play the waves in an ever-changing surf playground, ride real-world onshore conditions, flat water and chop.
The Cross delivers instant speed, drive when needed and a comfortable stance. It provides generous volume and width for a fun, forgiving ride with great upwind speed and powerful pop for freestyle tricks. Featuring grabbable rails on the top deck for easy air-handling and cushy contoured deck pads for enhanced control. It carves, it jumps, it pops. The Cross is your everyday go-to - the ultimate all-rounder, instantly familiar, intuitive and easy to ride.
- NEW QUAD CONCAVE BOTTOM SHAPE - Absorbs chop for a smoother ride.
- NEW COMPACT SURF OUTLINE - With trimmed nose shape to reduce length and weight for easy travel. NEW reduced nose and tail width adds control at the top end and creates a better wave-fit for easier, sharper turns
- NEW INCREASED TAIL CURVE AND SMOOTH PROGRESSIVE ROCKER - Gives instant speed and drive off the back foot for optimal upwind performance.
- NEW VECTORNET IMPACT-RESISTANT GRABBABLE RAILS - New VectorNET carbon fibre diamond weave adds rail impact resistance while maintaining flex. Grabbable rail profiles on the top deck enable easy handling in the air and on the beach.
- FUTURELITE TECHNOLOGY - Carbon and Innegra Futurelite wireframe forms a structural skeleton to support the laminates, maximising strength without losing flex, and allowing the board to load and release power on demand for more drive and responsiveness.
- DUALSHOCK EVA INSERTS - With a NEW stronger fibreglass layup under the main impact areas adds more durability and helps reduce denting around your heel. Our solution to reduce over-engineering, keeping the boards lightweight while retaining required flex.
- FCSII PREMIUM FIN BOX - New lighter weight premium fin box allows for 9-degree rake. Compatible with both FCSI and click-in keyless FCSII fins for more speed & drive, quicker acceleration, and more response from your board. High-density foam reinforcements surrounding the FCSII fin box are shaped to match the curved template of the finbox for a clean bond and smoother load transfer into the board. Fin boxes, leash plug and foot strap inserts are structurally integrated, locking into the laminate with the Futurelite carbon innegra system to give extra reinforcement and flex-tuning.
- WOVEN CARBON TAIL REINFORCEMENT - Spreads the load under the kickpad and gives impact resistance and torsional stiffness under the rear foot.
- NO-SLIP DECK GRIP WITH TOE BUMP AND REAR WEDGE KICKER - Micro-corduroy textured EVA deckpad with intuitive front toe bump and rear wedge kick for maximum traction and control.
- CONCAVE DECK CONTOURS - Cushy deck contours embed the rider, enhancing control when powered up and adding another dimension for contact in the air, giving you the confidence to go big with without straps and stick the landing.
- FOOT STRAP INSERT OPTIONS - RECOMMENDED WITH FREE SURF STRAPS - For when conditions get challenging, locking the rider into a comfortable stance for control in high winds or large waves. Experience instant planing in full comfort with our lightweight memory foam surf straps, featuring our unique pre-tensioned and laminated seamless KnitFlex inners. The Free Straps allow you to customise your fit and stance, giving you freedom to move and shred in any conditions. Straps sold separately.
- BEVELLED RELEASE RAILS - Allow the board to load and release from the water on demand. The bevelled rail profile reduces the suction effect of a round rail so water can shed off the rail and not wrap onto the deck. This allows the board to release off the water faster when loading and popping.
- RECOMMENDED HEXCEL COREMAT FINS SOLD SEPARATELY - Lightweight fibreglass raked thruster surf fins with a balanced template for smooth control and projection. New custom fin base shape no longer requires FCSII infills. Fins sold separately.
Fins & Straps sold separately
Futurelite Technology - North's carbon innegra structural skeleton gives the new 2021 CROSS the lightness and feel of a high-performance surfboard - only much stronger.
*Usually ships in 3 days.